Thursday, February 16, 2012

What is it standing on???


Legs?? Nah!!! It’s standing on its pillars dumbass. Confused? Well that’s what my Civics professor told me when he asked me about the Indian Democracy. So yeah moving on from the kind of stuff I got to hear from my school teachers, every institution or concept is able to stand or work because of certain important aspects or people or other supporting concepts and they can be called the “Pillars” of it. Just like any other course or university Masters in Public Relations (MAPR) also has certain principles or pillars on which it’s standing.

Well the other day during one of the chai sessions with friends and our HOD and another professor, God knows from where but the topic of what are the pillars of Masters in Public Relations (MAPR). Everyone were at their flattering best and told the Profs that they’re the pillars, amused as they were by the response of their students they did notice that I didn’t say anything. On the other hand I was hoping that after hearing flattering words from others they wouldn’t notice my silence, but they did, damn wish the discussion had taken place in the classroom where I could’ve hidden behind the voices of the other batch mates. So, the HOD fixed his eyes at me and asked,” You don’t agree with your friends or you don’t have an opinion on the topic at all?”

Woah!!! Did he just say I don’t have an opinion? Of course I have an opinion, I’m a PR guy I’ve an opinion on everything and anything. So with a very serious and straight face I said,” Sir, I do have an opinion but it’s just that I did not want to voice my opinion because that would’ve made it very clear that I don’t completely agree with what my friends have said. I don’t agree with them that each professor is one pillar of Masters in Public Relations (MAPR). For me the faculty is one of the pillars, the seniors definitely are the second pillar because they hand over their legacy to the juniors and tell them how to conduct themselves over the duration of the course and the trend continues.” I looked at the professor and he smiled and said,” Dude, work on it a little more and then maybe you’ll be able to completely work your PR magic on me.”
Damn!!! One day Mr.HOD, one day…..

No comments:

Post a Comment