Thursday, February 16, 2012

Dude how can people be the USP??? I say Why not???


It always happens that whenever you undertake a new venture or start doing something new, people go on a questioning rampage. The same thing happened with me when I decided to join Masters in Public Relations (MAPR) offered by Mumbai University in their Kalina Campus. I managed to answer some questions but there were some questions for which I had no answer like,”What is the USP of the course you’re joining?”

People surely are unreasonable sometimes, I mean I hadn’t even joined the course and people had already started asking me stuff about the course as if I had designed it.  Even though the interfering or to be subtle inquisitive nature of the people did get on my nerves, I should still be thankful to them for putting those questions in my head. After I quit my job and joined Masters in Public Relations (MAPR) , I had certain parameters in my mind based on which I was going to decide whether it was worth leaving my job. To be honest in the first couple of weeks I did doubt my decision but as time passed and I gelled with my classmates and professors whatever doubts I had vanished.

The answers that I didn’t have in the beginning came rushing to me as time passed. I wanted to meet all those people who questioned me and my decision so that I could go all guns blazing on them with the answers that I’d found. As luck would have it, I met this friend of mine on a weekend for coffee and during the discussion I somehow took the conversation towards my course. She fell for the bait and popped the question again and asked me,” So, dude it’s been six months into your Masters in Public Relations (MAPR) now do you know what’s the USP of it?”  And I went in my head like,” Hell yeahh!! Witch.” So I told her that for me the USP is the people I’ve come across. “Dude, how can people be the USP???” I’m like here she goes again. So I say why not? I mean USP doesn’t necessarily mean things even people can be the USP of a company or a course. At least for me the people I’ve met in the university are the USP of the course. The professors are one hell of a bunch of intellects. The batch mates and seniors are a varied group of people from different parts of the country and fun to be with. Interacting with them and hanging out with them brought out the fun loving guy in me, the guy who got lost somewhere in his struggle to figure out what he wanted from life. So for me the people I’ve met are certainly the USP of the course.

No comments:

Post a Comment