Thursday, February 16, 2012

Nothing is Perfect!!!


Is it nothing’s perfect or nobody is perfect??? Who cares? At least I don’t, it doesn’t mean that I don’t believe in the old adage about perfection. I agree that it’s like next to impossible to be perfect for anyone or anything and the same goes for Masters in Public Relations (MAPR), the course I’m in currently.

When I told my friends that I’m gonna do my Masters from Mumbai University, Kalina all of them went like,” Dude!!! Mumbai University seriously?” I don’t blame them for reacting the way they did because it’s no secret that the government universities have got some bad press in recent years.  Bad press usually doesn’t mean the institution is like a devil’s den. For me going to the Kalina Campus of Mumbai University everyday for my Masters in Public Relations (MAPR) course is the best thing I do in the whole day. The discussions with the professors and batch mates on topics ranging from politics to movies is something I look forward to and not to forget the pranks we friends we pull on each other. But it’s not a bed full of roses that I can assure you.

Like everything in the world the course (Masters in Public Relations) also has certain things it can work on and improve on. For me personally, it would be the assignments we get, it’s not that I’ve issues with the whole concept of assignments but it’s just that there are times when every professor shoves assignments down our throat at the same time that we sometimes are scared that we might choke and die. Assignments are good but to do three- four assignments at the same time is a bit too much and it also affects the quality of work we are able to put in them. It’s like you try to think on three different lines at the same time and end up creating a chaos in your head. So, personally if the timing of the assignments is taken care of then the kind of output we students give will have a drastic improvement and will also help us enjoy that rush the deadlines give even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment